In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win. 209 primers not firing

ozbudozbud Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
I had 5 reloads not go off in my last round of trap. Nothing wrong with the gun. These shells wouldn't fire in any other gun either. And yes they are all new primers.Is there a way to contact Winchester to see if they were from a bad lot?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I've been to their website but didn't see any place to contact them?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately for us the quality of primers is down, across the board from my experience. Primers from 20 years ago are going BANG just fine, now with consolidation of ownership, two wars and pressure for profits quality has suffered, I am getting more misfires with new primers than ever before. The military has had problems too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I'll call tomorrow.It was really quite embarassing to use both of the extra shells I had on me, borrow two more from the squad and still not be able to finish the round..........
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It also has a lot to do with the manufacturing processes too. In today's world, they are trying to make all manufacturing more green in THIS country. They are transistioning from use of highly volitile solvents like toluene, and MEK to more water based ones. Or....they move their manufacturing facilities to otheer countries like Mexico where there are no rules, and don't care.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I called Winchester today and they are sending UPS to pick up the 5 defective shells and an equal amount of unfired reloads to test. I will post the results............