In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bersa 380

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in Ask the Experts
neighbor brought down a thunder 380 stainless that has locked the slide all the way back & is tighter than a tick....you can still depress the hammer a tiny bit under the slide...the red dot of the safety is just above the rear edge of the hammer ...barrel is protruding 1.300 from front of slide...my guess is recoil spring has bound up somehow ???...any advice would be appreciated to solve this here

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    does anyone know where i can get magazines for the bersa thunder 380 on line? i can't find them anywhere.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for a cheap but good self defense gun I friend of mine has a Bersa 380 and loves it. I have looked at them at my local gun shop and they temm me that they sell alot of them and they are impressed with them as well. I don't plan to use it as a gun to do alot of shooting just one to through under the seat or in a jacket pocket(I have a permit to carry one). Can anybody give me any good or bad info on theses guns?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am researching a Bersa Thunder 380 for my wife. Is this a good quality firearm? How powerful is the recoil? Does it have good stopping power? If anyone can help me with any info on this gun, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for you help.

J
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might be the take down lever jambed? It's on the right side of the frame, just above and forward of the trigger. It has to be pushed all the way down and forward so that the slide can be removed from the frame. When the take down lever is fully depressed the slide can be pulled all the way back and then lifted up and back to clear the rails on the frame.

Remove the magazine and then depress the take down lever. Down and forward. Pull the slide all the way back and then up. Might take two people, ( 4 hands ) and a plastic hammer to carefully try to remove it. Good luck!
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As rufe noted, or that trigger bar, magazine safety spring popped out of it's catch on the right side and is jammed up under the slide.

Take the right grip off with a small slotted screwdriver and you can see what I mean. The spring is about 1 1/2" long, coiled on one end and what sticks out looks like a paper clip. It keeps the trigger bar dis-engaged when no magazine is in the gun.