In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Images

aldo35aldo35 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
How do you insert an image from a flash drive?
Thanks.
Aldo35

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Can any one help me with how to upload images to FORUM
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do you add a pic or image. I try to drag it in and it doesnt work. I click on image and that doesnt work. What about adding attachments? Any help. Thanks.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Read the second "sticky" from the bottom. It tells the steps to post pictures to this forum. Photos have to be hosted off site, at Photobucket, or one of the other hosting sites.

Here's how:https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make a junk e-mail account. Then go sign up at photobucket using that account. Follow their directions to upload your pic's to the account. Then come here and use the 4th from the right icon at the top of they reply box. Paste the url address you copied from the pic's address in the photobucket.

The sticky has the directions http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

When browse your computer to up load your pic's you need to click in location box and select the thumbdrive. My Computer: removable drive F: for example
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks

quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Read the second "sticky" from the bottom. It tells the steps to post pictures to this forum. Photos have to be hosted off site, at Photobucket, or one of the other hosting sites.

Here's how:https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks

quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    Make a junk e-mail account. Then go sign up at photobucket using that account. Follow their directions to upload your pic's to the account. Then come here and use the 4th from the right icon at the top of they reply box. Paste the url address you copied from the pic's address in the photobucket.

The sticky has the directions http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

When browse your computer to up load your pic's you need to click in location box and select the thumbdrive. My Computer: removable drive F: for example
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I read the sticky, loaded my images to Hunt101.com. Can see them there fine.
    When i go to new topic on forum and compose my question that looks OK. I then click on the [img][/img] icon and place my cursor between the images nothing happens. So I can't upload the image. What am I doing wrong?

Aldo35
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I don't really have any help, because I can barely run a computer. My experience is with photobucket also, so don't know how hunt 101 works. I do know that many people use hunt 101, so maybe one of them will happen along with some advice. With photobucket you do not need to click on the "insert image" icon to post a picture. Photobucket has a link with the "[\img]" brackets already attached.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    aldo35,

From Hunt 101(which is easy to use when you know the sequence), you select the image in order to bring it up on its own page. Below that image is a series of 'URL's which is an address for that photograph. You have to copy that URL so you can paste it between 'img' labels.

What ever you do, do NOT copy the URL labeled 'thumbnail' since those are too small for us to see details.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I will try again
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aldo,

Look below: