In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maryland approved list

dpotter58dpotter58 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I want to buy a used EMF Hartford Premier. I live in Maryland and when I looked at the approved list on the police state web site, I see other EMFs listed and I see that it says all Uberti single actions. I have been lead to beleive that the EMFs are made by Uberti, but when I look at the EMF Web site, it says finised by EMF. Anybody in Maryland have any idea if these are legal to transfer in state?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to phone the Maryland State Police, Firearms Enforcement Division, at 410-799-0191 Ext 321.

You may also have another problem: proving that it is a used handgun not covered by the "ballistic fingerprint" law.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I made the call and spoke to Sargent Naples. According to him, if it's a used piece, it does not matter if it is on the list or not. Go figure.[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Soooooooo, after sending of the check for the gun, I find out from the Administrator of the Firearms Board that the "Premier" is not on the list. The "Hartford" is but not the "Premier". According to the EMF website, the "Premier" is a Hartford with grips other than Walnut. I sent another message to Administrator of the Handgun Roster Board and pointed this out and I am waiting for a reply.[?]