In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Police Positive .38 British proofs

BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Well I'm looking at a 98% Police Positive - ser#3315xx - I think that is about 1926 ish. It has the crown over a B and NP marked on the barrel and crown marks on each cylinder flute. This is in .38 and does not say special or S&W. Almost perfect blue with very minor wear - the grips are walnut checkered and are in excellent condition with gold medalion. The only downfall is a number inscribed on the trigger guard A1590 not stamped. My question is - Did the brits add a serial # to these imports and if so was it a stamp or inscribed? There is a stamp on the righthand side of the frame that says *NOT MADE IN ENGLAND* - They want $375.00 and the only thing stopping me is the inscribed # on the trigger guard - I may get it anyway. This would be a second issue because it has the serrated top strap not smooth and the last patent date is 1926....

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your revolver has the standard Birmingham Proof Marks, commonly found on foreign guns proofed in England, circa 1925 - 1955.
    The marking on the trigger guard is something else? The only thing I could suggest, is PERHAPS? it's one fo the Battle of Brittin guns. (when things got really ugly for the British during the spring and summer of 1940, Colt pretty much sent them everything that could shoot in their warehouse).Unfortunately, there is no way that I know, you can verify your revolver is one of these guns?