In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sigma 9mm, Good or Bad

ALS55ALS55 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I am thinking about buying a Sigma Pre-Ban 9mm with (2) 17rd mags,,I think it's a decent price, but how does it compare to let's say a Glock or a Steyr?? Comments are very welcome..Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Jack AssJack Ass Member Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    BAD! DON'T GET IT, JUST ABOUT ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN A [ SIGMA ] [8]

I DON'T like you!
  • Options
    KhegglieKhegglie Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do a topic search and you will get the fact/opinions. some like JA's, others more positive. Probably would make a decent beater gun, just dont pay too much for it!
  • Options
    Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot both the Styer and the Sigma side by side this week. Liked the Styer much better. I've heard some disheartening things about the sigma in regard to jamming and the firing mechanism. You may want to do some comarison shooting and make an educated choice.

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not a Great Fan of the S&W Semi-autos; But the Sigma gets its BAD RAP from feeding it Junk. Good quality ammo, and the Sigma will shoot with about any of the 9mm's. If you want a Gun to shoot $4.00 a box ammo, (wolf) get a P-85 -89, the Hicap mags will fit any of the Ruger P series 9mm. And too me, the Sigma fits the hand much better than a Glock. My choice would be the "Springfield X-treme Duty", Price, quality, mechanics, and engineering. (They did make concessions for the Hicaps -read between the lines)

Ronnie G. Perkins