In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help

jumpnjjumpnj Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I bought a Mosin Nagant rifle at the last gun show and some surplus ammo. Chambering the cartridge was difficult and required a sharp thump with my hand to close the bolt. Someone told me they thought it may be the ammo which was Albanian, and had a history of being hard to chamber. I ordered some Norma brass and while waiting for that to come I removed the bolt and tried to put the cartridge head into the bolt head under the extractor. Difficult. When forced in, it was too tight to turn with the fingers. I took a couple cartridges and milled 1-2 millimeters from around the rim. Worked fine. Bolt closed easily, no signs of excessive headspace on the case after firing. Meantime the Norma brass arived; same problem I had with the Albanian. I'm convinced that it is the extractor extending too far into the bolt head recess. Is there any way I can grind a little off the extractor or am I going to cause more headaches when I start this? I can just continue to remove brass from the rims, but this is just a band-aid. From some of the sites I have monitored, others are having this problem. Any ideas??

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    A friend purchased a Beretta 92 SB today at a gun show. It has a 7 shot mag. Is this a current made pistol? Nobody I have talked to knows about a 7 shot mag. Anyone got any info on this weapon. Thanks for any info. Sam.

Sam Mashburn Jr.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know what this is (French?) but I am selling it for a friend of mine. I Took pictures of every mark I could find on this. Can someone help me out with the who, what, when, where, value of this? Who made it, where it was made, when (1874?), value? Anything you could do would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

P1010030-1.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    P1010020.jpg
    P1010021.jpg
    P1010022-1.jpg
    P1010023-1.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    P1010027-1.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    P1010029-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just picked up a 30=06 marked Foremost,Made in England 6500
    English proof mark ,Mauser action,Monte carlo stock 90%.
    Does any one know anything about this rifle! THANKS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a gun that has US Springfield 1864 on the left hand side it has Robert's Pat. June 11, 1867 It has a trapdoor that flips down. It has no ser#. Who made it and what kind of gun is it? Cal.? and How much is it worth?
    Thanks,
    Mark
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just received an email from a company / distributer of JIMENEZ ARMS in Texas. Their name is Shining Star Investments LLC and their website is shiningstardist.com. Has anyone heard of these people?

J. Fred Crist
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have taken in a German Model WZ.35VIS 9mm Auto Pistol. Needing 4 grip screws.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just aquired an old 12 ga. single barrel top break marked Hero Arms. Who made this gun and are they any parts available?

Thanks...jwharbin2002@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will a Browning "INVECTOR" choke tube fit in the SKB guns?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend ask me to take a look at a rifle. It is a Mod.E M 1 22ERMA-Werke. Can someone give me a little info on what I've got.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my fathers gun collection was recently stolen and i was wondering where i could locate prices online.any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for a replacaement trigger guard for a M48 Yugo, even though it is not a M96, but the M96 trigger guard will work with minor fitting. Do any one know where I can get aftermarket for a M96 mauser. Someone from the wanted board said that Sprinfield Sport has them. Who are they?

Thanks
    Robert

Don't fear the night, fear what hunts at night. ME!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found a colt huntsman auto .22 in a barn being torn down. I am trying to salvage it and took it apart to clean it up and get rid of rust. When reassembling it, the action is locked and only opens about an inch. Where did I screw up and how can I fix it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Whitneyville Armory Model 1 22 short revolver that I am trying to acertain the vaule of. I would put it in about 80% condition with a nice patina on both the brass reciever and the barrel. The grips appear to be original to the gun and are in great shape. Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately I do not own the gun and I cannot show photos of it, but a ball park would help me greatly.

Steve M
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my daughter bought a 380 jimenez Should i take it from her and toss or is it a decent pistol I don't know anything about the name brand what are the pros and cons of this piece
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My grandfather has willed me his gun collection,although there sad to look at i am honored to have them. In the collection i discovered a colt lightning rifle 45-85-285 and seems to be very dusty,i wiped it off and the pump action and all parts work extremly well. Just for giggles i am curious to figure out what it is worth. Ball park i will put pics up this weekend when i pick them up. I also have what appears to be a austrian percussion musket 860 whick i believe is the year it was produced pics of that to come as well. If you can humour me in the ball park prices i would greatly appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i need help on picking out a scope. the scope needs to have 9-12 inches out eye relief, but needs to hold up under heavy recoil. I would like it to be a 1-4, 2-7, or something around that power.matte or gloss black finish. and i would like to keep the price at or under $125-$150. any suggestions? thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK guys and gals I need help on this one. I am looking for a wooden stock for a p14 enfield. Any ideas would be welcomed
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From your description it appears that you have a "Roberts Conversion". After the Civil War many inventors developed these "conversions" so that the muzzle loading muskets produced during the war could be converted to breech loaders.
    Yours is probably chambered for the 58 rimfire cartridge.
    They were manufactured by the Providence Tool Co. of Providence R I, in unknown numbers for a short period of time.
    If your is in factory original, very good condition, it would be sought after by a collector.