In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Febiger rifle

ArrowheadArrowhead Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
Hello, My dad gave me a rifle many years ago and it has been sitting in my closet ever since. It is a Febiger Arms Co. Model no. 1 serial no. 51, pat. date Jan.5 1909. I am in need of a clip for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been keeping in contact with Clip Joint for many years to no avail. American Rifleman did a write up on this gun April 1990. This is a 22-short semi-automatic and is also a pump. I would also appreciate any history on it. I did a search and saw a member named PACT is familar with Febiger rifles. Thank YOU

Comments

• Options
    pactpact Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arrowhead.
    The Febiger was made by the Febiger Firearms Company in New Orleans La. around 1909 to 1915. The company was owned by John and Henry Febiger. The gum closley resembles the Savage 1909. Gun Collectors 5th addition did an article on it but it was mostly wrong. The company made two gun the pump and the semi auto. The pump will have a bolt (locking block) that is visible from the top of the receiver. I have a few of these guns. There is also and identical gun made by Bactavia Gun Company in NY.(Baker Gun and Forge). My research has found a link between the two companies. The magazine you are looking for is almost impossible to find. It looks very much like a Savage 1903,09, 12 mag, but not as wide. Hope this helps.
    Pact
  • Options
    edited November -1
    pact, thank you very much. Yes the information you gave me helps alot. If you ever come across a magazine you would part with, contact me please. Thanks again.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried Forstner in California? I needed 2 mags for a Sauer 1913 Type 1 and he made them for me, for about $20 apeice. It's been a few years and I cannot find the info right now, but he used to advertise in the Shotgun News and I would think that you could find him there.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    pactpact Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arrowhead.

You are welcome.Post your email and I will send you some pictures of the mags. I have been going to gun shows for many years. I have never found a mag at one. I got very lucky with one of mine. I found it at a parts shop near my home. I collect pump .22's and I keep alittle data base on guns I see. I would like to trade info with you.

Pact
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello, Thank you everone for your replies. If anyone wants to email me with information to my cause it is Arrowhead85@hotmail.com , Thanks
  • Options
    slideact.22slideact.22 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arrowhead and Pact

I appreciate the lead to the Rifleman article and the info in your posts. Thank you. But I really want one of these rifles for my collection. Thanks in advance for leads. Jerry (jhelck@optonline.net)