In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spanner Wrench

breddyrrtbreddyrrt Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I am told I need this tool to remove the buttstock on my Ar-15.
Can you get this local ie: Autozone or Home Depot? Does it come in different sizes?
Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try midwayusa.com.It is not a tool in the same sense as a hand tool but rather a specialized firearm tool. ONE OF THESE GUYS PROBABLY KNOWS SOMETHING ELSE THAT WILL WORK! NyForester maybe
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you installing/ removing a collapasblie or just removing a fixed one. the fixed stock requires not special tools, the collapable one is included (needs to have the right diameter, and "bump in the right place) in many kits or from brownells or somewhere for $5-6
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should not attempt to modify anything on an AR-type without an instruction book in hand. I suggest "The AR-15 Complete Owner's Guide" by Kuleck & Duff.

Neal
  • Options
    breddyrrtbreddyrrt Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One is a post ban Bushmaster with a fixed "collapsable" stock. The other is a Bushmaster with a true collapable stock lower with a Colt upper. I am selling the Bush/Colt version and wanted to swap stocks and grip first. So I guess I will order one (spanner wrench) since there doesn't appear to be a local place to buy. Any other ideas are appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Brian