In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tec 9 owners

thugizumthugizum Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
if you own a tec- 9 can you please take it apart and send me a picture of the trigger assembly[?] i took mine apart while cleaning my intertec ab-10 and forgot witch way to set the springs... [:I]"idiot". im so mad[:(!] and fustrated[:0], please help a fellow tec 9 owner in distress[;)]

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    whats going on guys, everyone afraid to admit they own one?

here is a schematic breakdown for you, hope it helps

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=4220zTEC-9
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I already tried everything. finally i just put it together anyway and it worked
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Intratec guns are garbage. Maybe thats why they went out of business.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tec 9's are good and reliable with a couple of modifications. all guns with extended magazines jam. it's because of the magazine spring some are not strong enough to load rounds. with a good clip and polish to the ammo feed ramp. and i garuntee it will shoot like a colt 1911. i think they are cool looking and good pistolsquote:Originally posted by jhimco
  • Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thugizum
    tec 9's are good and reliable with a couple of modifications. all guns with extended magazines jam. it's because of the magazine spring some are not strong enough to load rounds. with a good clip and polish to the ammo feed ramp. and i garuntee it will shoot like a colt 1911. i think they are cool looking and good pistolsquote:Originally posted by jhimco

LMAO
  • Options
    edited November -1

that's funny, i have had over a half dozen of them in deals over the years, not one of them where worth a darn, jamo-matics all the way no matter what magazines where in it, and comparing it to colt is not a good comparison because they are not that great, they just have a good following

p.s. my 1911, and my glocks never have problems with extended mags

oh! and welcome to the forum, but do not expect to get an agreement on the way that tec shoots, allot of guys around here have forgotten more about firearms than you and me know put together
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    I worked a home invasion robbery where a guy used one of those cool looking Tec 9's. He ended up getting almost beaten to death by a resident armed with a tire iron that didn't jam up on him. Priceless. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well this is my fisrt jam.. mind you i've had this gun since i was 17 yrs. old. today i shot almost 200 rounds jam free.... and if you guys have one i'll buy itquote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

that's funny, i have had over a half dozen of them in deals over the years, not one of them where worth a darn, jamo-matics all the way no matter what magazines where in it, and comparing it to colt is not a good comparison because they are not that great, they just have a good following

p.s. my 1911, and my glocks never have problems with extended mags

oh! and welcome to the forum, but do not expect to get an agreement on the way that tec shoots, allot of guys around here have forgotten more about firearms than you and me know put together
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that must have been an awesome 1911!
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    gee whiz ..... I must have gotten a lemon 'cause my Tec 9 pumps them out just as well as the 1911 I used to own ..... but the Tec 9 is far more accurate from my personal experience. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh, and my 33rd glock mag has never jammed[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thugizum, i am glad you got a good one, and enjoy it, i honestly do believe that one day they will be a high priced collectors item since so many of them get trashed/confiscated
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yip-pee my glock doesn't jam. any ways try using a cheap extended mag and see what happensquote:Originally posted by tsavo303
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this forum is about a trigger assembly............ not about tec 9's being garbage or the best. mine works fine. i just needed to get a picture of the stock with the trigger assembly that all. i've figured it out already.... thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no thanks, i like the ones that work, yipeee

yip-pee my glock doesn't jam. any ways try using a cheap extended mag and see what happensquote:Originally posted by tsavo303
  • Options
    big genobig geno Member Posts: 2,685 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i also had one and it was way cool but mr NFA scared me away and i traded it