In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris posi-lock fight recoil ?

elkcrazyfredelkcrazyfred Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
Would Burris Posi-lock be stronger against recoil than a scope without it when shooting real heavy magnums?

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,012 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Posi-lock tends to move the point of aim when applied and tends not actually lock the zero. I would avoid posi-lock, though otherwise Burris is very high on my list of desirable scopes.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The idea is a good one but it lacks a lot in keeping a zero where you want it.
    I use a lot of Burris scopes with excellant success but don't care for the PL..
  • Options
    Gunslinger2005Gunslinger2005 Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll go along with He Dog and mrbruce. I have a Burris 1.5-4x PosiLock scope that has been on a Dan Wesson 744VH and a S&W 500. The DW is now wearing a Bushnell Elite 3200 2-6x, and the S&W has a Leupold fixed 2x scope. I don't think the PosiLock has been an advantage on any of them.
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    I agree. I have a Burris with PL on a Super Redhawk .454. Pain in the rear to get dialed in. But I have to admit I've shot a lot of high powered Buffalo Bore and nothing moves.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have only one with PL, and it holds better groups with it turned all the way OFF.