In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Contender grip recommendations

agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I've got a Contender with a ported 44 mag barrel. I'm really pleased with the way it shoots, but I can't seem to get a comfortable hold on it. The recoil isn't bad at all, but it still feels like it will jump out of my hand whenever I fire it. It's currently wearing T/C finger groove stocks. I've never felt uncomfortable shooting revolvers, but this is my first Contender. Is there a specific stock, or hand position that I should try?

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T/C makes a composite rubber grip that is much easier to hang onto than wood.I shoot a 45/70 contender,12" with muzzle tamer, the grips help a real lot.i had pachmeyrs and didn't like them at all.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry Brier- but my 35 Rem. TC is great with pachmyers1 I would reccomend them to anyone. My2c.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    T/C makes a composite rubber grip that is much easier to hang onto than wood.

I'd go with these grips also.[:D]
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy the T/C wood grip with rubber backing. They're about $45.00 but worth every dime. I also have the 45/70 12" ported bbl & it works great.
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Pachmayer grips are the only way to go. I have them on 3 Contenders. Also use them on other handguns.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 41 nut
    Pachmayer grips are the only way to go. I have them on 3 Contenders. Also use them on other handguns.

They SU#K in the winter time.[B)]They are hard to open when the grips
    get cold.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is only a distant memory, but I recall seeing Pachmayer Contender grips that specifically stated do not use for 45/70. Am I mistaken?
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I'll have to pick up new grips at the next show!