In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone knows?

RuttunenRuttunen Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a gun. Top of it is words "Original Diana"
Does anyone know anything about that?
I would like to know everything [:)]

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Is this by any chance an air rifle?
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you have a RWS .177 air rifle. yours was made on april 17, 1987. the hardwood stock was made from a walnut tree that was 37 feet tall and 25 years old. it is worth 87 dollars to sam peters, of Ocala FL, the highest bidder for your gun if you put it up on auction today. the scratch on the reciever takes $12 off the value
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Ruttunen: First welcome to the forum. If you want to know about your gun, most people need a lot more info than just "original diana". such as manufacturer, type of stock(s) barrel length, rimfire, air, centerfire, caliber or gauge. You will most likely get a few "ribs" for your post.

My best guess right now, this was Princess Di's first gun! ( just kidding)

Regards Dave
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    tsavo303 is Funning with You....But the rest of the gang is correct in the Fact that We have No real Idea as to the type of Gun You're asking for information about....You'll have to be SPECIFIC...We can only See what You have, and thru your eyes only! Discribe it for us.....Give us something to work with.....Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun. Rim Fire, Center Fire, Muzzleloader, or as the man said...its a Pellet Shooter ???(Type is unknown to us)...We'll be happy to help You.....But first You gotta help us...For all We know,From you're discription, it could be a Slingshot made from a Maiden Form Bra.....
  • Options
    RuttunenRuttunen Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is very hard for me but I'll try to tell you something. I don't speak so good English so hopefully you'll understand me [:)]
    It is a 12 cal shotgun. Two pipes side by side [:I] Taplock ??? (not sure [:I])
    There are words: Flusssfahl von friedr.krupp.essen.
    Top of pipes reads Original Diana.
    It is very decorative and at the side there is a picture of a bird with a dog.

I am very stupid with this so hopefully this helps you a bit [:D]
  • Options
    PieceofpaperPieceofpaper Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ruttunen

I am very stupid with this so hopefully this helps you a bit [:D]

LOL, made my day.
  • Options
    adamj812adamj812 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only thing that I could find that seems close is this.

"Henri Pieper 1880-1898, Liege, Belgium sold many guns in several models to the US, the most notable was a hammer gun called the "Modified Diana" which sold for $15 in 1898. The principal importer of these guns in the US was Cornwall & Jespersen of New York. This model was inscribed "Grand prize Paris Exhibition 1898". These guns are not of great value"
  • Options
    schintzieschintzie Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Krupp steel barrels: It is a quality piece.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thread may be locked soon and if so, simply start a new thread (with the information you learned from this one).
    Terms, it sounds like you have a 12ga (Gauge not caliber) side by side (SxS) shotgun, with external hammers (and most likely 2 triggers.
    Do the barrels have a small "nipple" screwed into the closed end and require loading from the front (cap lock) or do the barrels pivot open with a large through hole (cartridge type).

"Flusssfahl von friedr.krupp.essen" roughly translates to Fluid Steel, Fredrick von Krupp Company, Essen, Germany. This is not so much who made the gun, but who made the barrel steel. It indicates (to us) that it was made with quality steel, and is not a damascus type "welded steel" barrel. It also supports my theory that you have a "cartridge type" shotgun, not a "cap lock" style.