In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning Invector Question

adamj812adamj812 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a Browning A-5 Shotgun in the box that says "Invector" choke on the box. However, both the barrel and choke tubes are "Invector Plus"? Is this just the standard way of marking the newer Invector Plus chokes on the box with just "Invector"? Or was the barrel and choke tubes switched. The receiver serial number matches the box.

-Adam

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Adam, the difference between the two is the INV+ is for backbored barrels. If the tubes have INV+ etched on them and they fit the barrel, my guess is a typo on the box, or maybe the gun was made at the time of the transition from INV to the INV+ and someone got lazy packing it.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there a serial number on the barrel??
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will want to be sure of what you do have. It's been a while for my rusting memory, but I think the invector+ tubes are somewhat longer than the straight invector tubes. Maybe someone else can varify this, but I believe inv+ tubes can be used in straight invector barrels, BUT NOT the other way around.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,978 ******
    edited November -1
    "but I believe inv+ tubes can be used in straight invector barrels, BUT NOT the other way around"... NOPE, NOT INTERCHANGEABLE AT ALL. YOU NEED THE CORRECT TUBES FOR EACH BARREL TYPE
  • Options
    7mmbr7mmbr Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike Whiskey is correct in the manner of the tubes. I have a full ste of aftermarket tubes for my Citori Plus and BT-99 Plus and the tubes in no way interchange. The standard "Inv." will almost fall through the "Inv.+ " barrell, and the "Inv.+" tubes will not even be close to beginning to fit into the end of the barrel.
  • Options
    adamj812adamj812 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The barrel and choke tubes match eachother, the barrel says "Invector Plus" right on it as do the tubes. Was just curious about the box markings. According to the serial number this one was made in 1997. When did they first start going to Invector Plus?

-Adam
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    INV+ became standard in 1994 on the A-5's.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    all the boxs are marked invector...
    never seen invector + 0n an a-5 box