In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington 514

jimsgunworksjimsgunworks Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 514 i just picked up at an estate sale. The end of the barrel, where it meets the receiver, looks like it has a piece missing or blown out. Its like a little notch in the metal. Im not sure though. This may be like this from the factory. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys anyone know where I can get a manual via intranet for free download for a Remington 514 22lr that I just picked up for free. I already tried remington but they dont have anything on there website for there older rifles. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 514 that was given to me nearly 40 years ago and hasn't been fired in 30 years - was told the barrel was damaged on receiver end. There is a section of barrel approx 12 to 2 O'Clock that looks like is missing. Looking or repalcement barrel but have seem others with similar appearance is thi normal?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what is a remington 514 22lr single shot rifle in 95% cond worth.is this rifle made anymore?thanks in advance ,keep on bangin boys ,don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [blue][/blDoes anyone know if there is supposed to be a serial number on a Remington 514. I have one but cannot locate a serial number on it anywhere. There is no evidence that one has been filed off.
  • Options
    jaoobjaoob Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one also. No ser.# A lot of guns never had a # on them. I believe it was not required until the 1968 gun law was passed.

Jim
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot of .22's never had them before 1968. I have yet to come across a centerfire rifle or pistol that didn't have one. This of course, as pointed out, due to the GCA of 1968.