In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Diamondback

celsecelse Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I inherited a pristeen 22 cal diamondback with a 6 inch barrel from my dad and I was wondering what it would be worth. I doubt it's had 100 rounds thru it. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What should I expect to pay for a 6" Colt Diamondback .22 or .38 in 90 to 95 condition?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if Colt will refinish these revolvers?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thinking of selling my Colt Diamondback 38 Cal. My Dad passed away recently and I acquired his S&W, so I don't need two guns. I would rather keep his so I would consider selling the Colt - But I have no idea what price it would bring. Purchased in 1976, registered in NY State (Yates Co.) and fired twice (2) Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello my question is when did colt quite using the two piece top lift off brown for the Diamondback? Was it a year cut off and or serial number?
    celse
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a colt DiamondBack Blue, 6 inch , In mint shape,snR47829 if this helps. Looking for value of gun. Do they still make this gun if not when did they stop. Thank you for your help
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody want to share a review from past experience? Pros? Cons? (.22)
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were several versions of the telescoping box (top lift off as you describe it). If I recall correctly, the one-piece Styrofoam liner boxes began to be in the 1972 to 1973 time frame, with no specific change date or serial number cutoff because the change was made for different models as old boxes were used up. You might ask that same question on the Colt forum, where some Diamondback experts could give you a better answer. Here is the link:

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php