In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester stock

peter60peter60 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I bought a winchester stock about 10 yrs. ago for a .22 and not paying much attention to what it was I put it away for a future project,well I pulled it out to see what it was and it's a pistol grip,checkered deluxe M 69,at first it looked like a M 52,but there's no cut out for deluxe swivels.A few years ago at the OGCA in the IX Center by Cleveland I saw 2 deluxe M 69's which I believe winchester never made or were uncatalogged,but you know Winchester just about the time that you think that you know what your doing someone throws a curve at you,this honey is as new and I think I'm going to sell it,what do I call it and what is it worth??

Thanks Pete

Comments

• Options
    Jim RehmJim Rehm Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    s it possible that your stock is for a model 75 sporter? The model 75 is very similar to the model 69 except thr rear of the barrel is approximately the same diameter as the receiver instead if being smaller.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless you can positively prove othewise, my bet is that it is a Model 75 Deluxe Sporter stock.

As for how much it is worth... just list it with a starting price you can live with, and then let the market decide what it is really worth. Listing items with a Reserve, or an unrealistically high starting price is a waste of your time, and all interested buyers.