In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammo for M82A1

DutchSchaefferDutchSchaeffer Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone put surplus-type 50 BMG ammo through an M82A1? Looking to see if anyone had reliability issues with Barrett/MagTech/Cabelas ammo in an M82A1. Would like to hear any goods/bads on using the aforementioned ammo in an M82A1.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the first question to ask would be has anyone shot an M82A1 [:D][8D]
  • Options
    KrinkovManKrinkovMan Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watched a video all about it was a marine giving all specs on it he shows all diffrent round it shoots and he said one was the standard 50 cal bmg ammo. I will try to scrounge up that site may of ben on google video.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KrinkovMan
    Watched a video all about it was a marine giving all specs on it he shows all diffrent round it shoots and he said one was the standard 50 cal bmg ammo. I will try to scrounge up that site may of ben on google video.

Awesome...it would be great to see if the surplus-type stuff worked well...I know the $8-per-round stuff works, now I just want to see if the surplus-type stuff works reliably! Some of the expensive/good stuff has a tip (called a "tanget ogive") which helps it feed more reliably in the M82A1. I don't think the surplus stuff has that tip though as far as I know.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know someone eho owns one, and he buys surplus ammo for it, don't know how well it works. I would bet it is fine. He has some RAUFUSS (or however you say it ) rounds too!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsavo303
    I know someone eho owns one, and he buys surplus ammo for it, don't know how well it works. I would bet it is fine. He has some RAUFUSS (or however you say it ) rounds too!

Wow! I have not seen those rounds for sale for a long time.

Do you know if he buys surplus from Cabelas, Midway USA, etc? I am guessing that if he bought that gun, he is going to be sure of what he puts through it...thanks again for the info.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Barrets are fun as all get out. I have seen people put virtually everything 50BMGwise through them and only the heavy bulet handload stuff seemed to give issues. The surplus stuff was less accurate...not neccesarily less reliable. Most of these guys I know handl;oad, but I'm sure there is a limited type availability about now, so most everybody on the net will have roughly the same surplus stuff...just shop price.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1KYDSTR
    The Barrets are fun as all get out. I have seen people put virtually everything 50BMGwise through them and only the heavy bulet handload stuff seemed to give issues. The surplus stuff was less accurate...not neccesarily less reliable. Most of these guys I know handl;oad, but I'm sure there is a limited type availability about now, so most everybody on the net will have roughly the same surplus stuff...just shop price.

Great info, thanks 1KYDSTR, appreciate it much.