In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Buttstock Stamped TB

cthalfmancthalfman Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington Shotgun Buttstock which is a very select piece of Walnut with a Satin Finish. The receiver end of the stock is stamped "TB". Dimentionally the mount on this stock is very close to some of the 1100 stocks I have that are all marked "11". This stock also has the white diamond pistol grip cap that the 1100 stocks have. The checkering is a little different from an 1100 stock and the pistol grip has a slightly higher angle. I thought it may be off an 870 TB, however the mount seems to be too narrow. Does anybody know the origin of this stock? Thanks, cthalfman.

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The TB is a high grade trap stock, the 1100 and 870 stocks will interchange.
  • Options
    cthalfmancthalfman Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    The TB is a high grade trap stock, the 1100 and 870 stocks will interchange.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe Model 870 and Model 1100 stocks will interchange. The Model 1100 has a recoil spring in the stock, whereas the Model 870 of course does not. A quick check of an old Remington parts catalog revealed a different part number for standard 12-gauge stocks for the 870 and 1100.

I would comment that TB stocks sold for $120 when standard stocks sold for $40 in 1980, so, if original and complete, it should be worth a good dollar today.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JudgeColt
    I do not believe Model 870 and Model 1100 stocks will interchange. The Model 1100 has a recoil spring in the stock, whereas the Model 870 of course does not. A quick check of an old Remington parts catalog revealed a different part number for standard 12-gauge stocks for the 870 and 1100.

I would comment that TB stocks sold for $120 when standard stocks sold for $40 in 1980, so, if original and complete, it should be worth a good dollar today.

BROWNELLS CATALOGS HAVE ALWAYS SHOWN THE SAME PART NUMBER FOR THE 870 AND THE 1100 STOCKS.......
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    serial numbers change depending on grade of wood.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.