In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 1/2" 12ga shotgun shells

kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
Do and manufactures make 2 1/2" 12ga shotshells?

Comments

• Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I am not aware of any manufacturer for a 2.5-inch 12 gauge shot shell.

Aguila does make what is called a mini-shell that comes in a 1.75-inch length (1.5-inches when loaded and crimped).

Regards,

Heavyiron
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a fair number of European makers, and a few U.S. businesses that import them. Also, the Cowboy Action Shooting crowd load and use the 2-5/8" 12 gauge shells. 2-1/2" is the original length for a 20 gauge shell versus 2-5/8" for the 12 gauge (U.S. made shotguns).
  • Options
    kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help. A friend of mine just referred me to the Able Ammo site. They carry a full line of Eley 2 1/2' target and hunting loads. Graf and Sons carries 2/1/2" Cheddite hulls but I can't find information on what wad and powder. Anyone have any receipes?
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    If you have the Hogdon annual reloading guide ($8 at the magazine store) check that. The have some loads listed for 2 1/2" shells.
  • Options
    turtles11756turtles11756 Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.eleyshotshells.com
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what are you going to shoot with them?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kilgore - Precision Reloading - http://precisionreloading.com/index.html - has virtually anything and everything you could possibly ever need to load any shotshell. They may also carry live ammo.