In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

500 S&W Loose Compensator-Follow Up

ViperMDViperMD Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I posted about a loose compensator on a 500 S&W 4" in May/06. I finally got around to sending it to Smith & Wesson. I called them, they sent a prepaid UPS mailer, It was shipped in the afternoon 7/18, I received it back 7/25!!!!! The comp is tight. I fired 5 500gr rapidly- comp still tight. If any one has this problem the manual can be somewhat confusing. You actually tighten the comp by backing out the srew, not turning it clockwise but counter-clockwise as stated in manual. Reading the manual does not explain that you are tightening comp by backing it out. Thank You to all who responded to my previous post. I just wanted to update everyone and maybe explain what the manual is saying. S&W-How can youask for better service-7days with them paying the shipping both ways!!!! Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    darkvader44darkvader44 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My comment is : Smith and Wesson has served thier customer base very well!Super fast repairs and technical support of smith and wesson owners.
    I've had three great experiences with the folks and still sing thier praise! Buy Smith
    PS-I got thier 4" 500 mag.;shoots like a dream.