In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1970 Walther PP .380ACP

idzgydzidzgydz Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased this Walther at a show, and I want to see what anyone can tell me about it... history, possible value, manufacturer, assembly location, etc.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Here are a few photos:

Walther_PP_Chamber_View_002_Compressed_.jpg

Walther_PP_Chamber_View_Compressed_.jpg

Walther_PP_Safety_Side_View_compressed_.jpg

Walther_PP_Trigger_Guard_View_compressed_.jpg

Walther_PP_Back_Strap_View_compressed_.jpg

Walther_PP_CHamber_Side_View_Compressed_.jpg
  • Options
    badsbsnf81badsbsnf81 Member Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Interarms import. Made in France; final assembly and proofing in the FRG. It's a shooter. 200 USD or a little more due to the finish and those scratches on the slide.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello if that is a BII . put on with electric pencil then most likely it was done in police property room[xx(][V][:(!] along with a lot of wear it would have cut the value in half of one in good condition . I would say $200.00 + or -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I was under the impression that guns seized and marked for police evidence got destroyed. Is that the case, or can they legally end up back on the market?

I've seen similar Walthers (1960's-1970's Interarms Imports) in much worse condition (finish wise) selling for $500-$600. Are these guns extremely overpriced?

What should a Walther PP or PPK (Interarms Import) sell for in very good to excellent condition, and what would be considered good to excellent condition?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The marking on the slide is 13-31, and it looks like it was done with a scrath all, and not engraved with an electric pencil. Would this still indicate a possible police evidence marking?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idzgydz
    The marking on the slide is 13-31, and it looks like it was done with a scrath all, and not engraved with an electric pencil. Would this still indicate a possible police evidence marking?

I would check the two large net gun auctions for the actual selling prices(s) of .380 PP Walthers in similar condition. This will give you a ballpark handle on what others consider actual fair market value.

Personally as long as your happy with your purchase, that is all that matters.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idzgydz
    Thanks for the input. I was under the impression that guns seized and marked for police evidence got destroyed. Is that the case, or can they legally end up back on the market?

I've seen similar Walthers (1960's-1970's Interarms Imports) in much worse condition (finish wise) selling for $500-$600. Are these guns extremely overpriced?

What should a Walther PP or PPK (Interarms Import) sell for in very good to excellent condition, and what would be considered good to excellent condition?

Different agencies have differing polices; some destroy firearms while others sell them to licensed dealers, generally in large lots put out to bid. Your pistol was probably sold in such a lot to a dealer who then resold it. This is perfectly legal. There are so many ex-police PPs on the market that they have driven down the value of commercial Walther PPs. A New in the box example with all of the papers could probably bring $600. Of course your pistol is a long way from being new.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW, I have a like new one including the stocks. Paid $399.00 for it a few years back in CA. I would say the same gun in rougher condition going for the $500.00 or $600.00 is very much overpriced, but keep in mind these guns have been around for a long time and there are many variations that can have greatly differing values. A gun may look nearly the same as yours but be much older and a scarce variety.
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have acquired 2 fairly decent PP's in the past 3 yrs. & each was in the $350 range, seems to be reasonable for this area (Minnesota), have not seen anything cheaper, but of course you'll always see some listed higher. These were at gun shows, motivated sellers.