In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ISSC Austria M22

abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in Ask the Experts
OK,
looks like a Glock ??? any ideas , comments ???
Looking at one as a shooter ? maybe ?
Thanks !!!
d.a.stearns...............................a.k.a..........SKEEZIX
Gunsmith / LEO
Athens , Tn

www.allamericangunshop.com

Comments

• Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Over on the Rimfire forums they seem to get an ok review. I have felt one and it felt nice to me.

I would be interested in one if I could get a longer barrel that could be threaded.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why? Advantage Arms make conversion units for most of the common Glocks. I have 2 of them, with thousands of rounds through the one on my G 20. They are very durable and reasonably accurate. If you already have a Glock all you have to get is the conversion unit and slap it on. The only draw back is that they have gone up in price, and have a waiting list because they are so popular with folks who have Glocks.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe :
    That was the first game plan , but as You stated , the prices are higher and our distributors are all out of them ??? So , on to possible plan B , maybe one of these ???
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns.......................a.k.a...............SKEEZIX
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Athens , Tn

www.allamericangunshop.com
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by abcguns2
    OK,
    looks like a Glock ??? any ideas , comments ???
    Looking at one as a shooter ? maybe ?

Looks OK.

I agree with Rufe, and personally, I'd rather go with the conversion unit slapped onto a real Glock (assuming I had one).

No FFL transfer necessary, and no matter how realistic this Glock clone is, putting a .22 top end on a real Glock lower has to be more so.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by abcguns2
    Rufe :
    That was the first game plan , but as You stated , the prices are higher and our distributors are all out of them ??? So , on to possible plan B , maybe one of these ???
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns.......................a.k.a...............SKEEZIX
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Athens , Tn

I bought both of my CU's from Advantage Arms directly, ( the CU's aren't serial numbered, not legally considered firearms.) Just called them up and gave them a CC number. Only had to wait about a month for the second one to show up. Give them a call, seeing your both a FFL and a LEO they might be willing to expedite the purchase. At least it would be worth the phone call.