In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model 12-C

waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a Rem. model 12-c that has a butt stock with a curved butt end and metal butt plate. The stock also has a curved hand grip. Every picture I see of model 12s show a straight hand grip on the stock. I was just wondering what I had. It sure looks like an original stock.
There is no blueing left on the rifle. Would it hurt to have it reblued or should it be left as is. Thanks Gary.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a model 121 but today I bought a model 12-C. I have had my 121 apart before to clean but I noticed on the model 12 there is a button on the under side of the action bar, my 121 does not have this button. Can some one tell me the function of this button? I will be picking it up tomorrow and will want to give it a good cleaning before I shoot it.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a model 12 handy. I grew up with both a 12 and the 121. I much prefer the 121 after I was 14 or so. They takedown for cleaning about the same.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Remington-33454/Rifles-37895/12-39476.htm?results=All

I didn't watch the vid so I'm just posting the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zeVYK1ulIQ

I haven't figured out to cut and paste the autoloading PDF file from a google search but they have the factory 12A 14 page manual

google "remington model 12 owners manual" and the pdf will be on top.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok I see now how it as different than my 121, I think your right I may like how the 121 brakes down better. Thanks Charliemeyer. Incredible what you can find on the computer these days if you know how to use it. Thanks