In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model #

Mike StoutMike Stout Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
Can someone please tell me where to find the model number on my Parker Hale Rifle.
If I could figure out how to post pics, I surely would.
It's a 30-06
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instructions for posting photos, at this link.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

"Rifles of the World" by John Walter. He notes that Parker Hale produced numerous different models. Made on the Spanish Santa Barbara Mauser actions. Between the 1960's and 1990. When they sold out to Gibbs in the USA.

If the rifle isn't marked. Best way to identify it would be through the catalog sections of old Gun Digests. From the noted dates above.
  • Options
    lcdrdanrlcdrdanr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Parker Hale didn't put model numbers on many of their rifles, I have four of them and none of them are marked with a model number. Probably the best way is to compare yours with listed models in ads and references.
    Probably the most common ones found are the 1200 series and the Midland. The 1200 series are have distinctive stocks with wrap around cheekpieces, skip line checkering, pistol grips and forend tips with an inlaid diamond similar to a Weatherby.
    lcdrdanr
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for that info. That must be exactly what I have.

Do you think $450.00 w/ 2x7 Redfield is a fair price to offer it?
    It's in very nice shape.

My father and I both purchased one years ago. And I don't need two of them.
    Thanks again,
    Mike
  • Options
    Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several in varying conditions have recently sold on the auction side in the price range $350-$637. Personally, I'm surprised they sell for so little. From my experience, they are great rifles--very accurate with nice workmanship. My neighbor had one when I was a kid and he'd take me to the range for a little target practice. I always coveted that rifle. If I remember correctly, his had a gold trigger, which I thought was a classy touch at the time. He gave the rifle to his kid who sold it cheap-cheap on the street for drug money.
  • Options
    lcdrdanrlcdrdanr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without seeing the rifle I would consider that to be a fair price. I have always thought Parker Hales to be under rated on the secondary market, mine have always been tackdrivers.
    They have been out of production for going on over 20 years now and many suffer from deteriorated recoil pads and missing parts. There was an upgraded version, called the 'Safari', with impressed engraving in the floor plate and usually in African or Magnum calibers.
    There is also an earlier version without the rosewood fore end tip or the white diamond inset in the pistol grip that I think date to the 1960's, I have seen some like this marked as having been sold through J. C. Penny's which date them prior to 1968.
    Good luck
    Dan R
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the reply's and information.