In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Firearms

midtown842midtown842 Member Posts: 4
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a bunch of old firearms and am looking for someone that I can send pictures to to identify them.
Anyone know of someone with that expertise?

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right where you are at the moment. Read the sticky on posting photos here. We need in focus, well lighted, showing any markings as well as whole gun.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make a junk email account first. Then sign up for photobucket account. Load your pic there then copy and paste the links here. One gun at a time. Look at some auction to see what good pic's look like.

General guidelines/directions here. http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many is a bunch?[:)]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by midtown842
    I have a bunch of old firearms and am looking for someone that I can send pictures to to identify them.
    Anyone know of someone with that expertise?

You are in exactly the right place because have guys in the forum who don't do anything all day except hope for a chance to identify firearms [;)] Our experts are standing by to ID anything you post photos of.
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't even need to sign up for image hosting site. Use postimage.org. They will have a list of different image URLs once youupload your photos, and which are suitable for what. Then, folow the directions here on posting your photos. Its very simple actually. You will want to open a new posting, probably, wince this one will be locked after 10 replies.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    How many is a bunch?[:)]

I think it's more than a passel but less than an aggregation. [:D]
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like an "arsenal" to me.[:D]
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    why can't GB host their own photo attachments ?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    why can't GB host their own photo attachments ?

They have a nice system on the auction side, but I am thinking they purge the memory on the server that hosts that side...or at least some of it. I believe they would need another server with mor memory to do that on here.
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GB would have to have storage space the size of some of the ones the government use to save the posts on this site and others.

Emmett