In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Experience with Corbon 32ACP DPX HP??

5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
I know the 32 ACP is not the best round for SD. That said does anyone have experience with the Corbon 32ACP DPX all cooper bullet round in a Seecamp?

Comments

• Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back when I got mine,80's, they were spec'd around the WW Silvertip round and I never felt the need to try anything else. Big question would be; does it feed and fire reliably.
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One would like to think of a carry gun as a deterrent to a potential attacker. Anyone whacked out enough to assail someone holding a firearm probably won't be considering the caliber of the weapon. European police forces used 32 ACP pistols as standard issue for many years, changing only when they felt outgunned in a firefight (that is another discussion). Choice of ammo in small calibers might best lean toward the functional reliability and maximum penetration of basic round nose FMJ bullets rather than "defensive" bullets which may expand in clothing and never reach vitals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Seecamp will not function with ball ammo. Will not fit the magazine they are too long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The LWS .32 uses .32 ACP according to the mfgr's website. Cartridge OAL of this round should be 1.030. This is too long?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yonson. Not sure where you are looking on the Seecamp webpage but I can find nothing about them saying the OAL for a 32 ACP is 1.030. The SAMMI OAL for 32 ACP is .984. Anything much over .910 will not feed from a Seecamp magazine in fact I don't think anyone can successfully fill a Seecamp magazine with 6 rounds of 32 ACP ball. They are to long. The Seecamp was designed around the Winchester Silvertip which is about .908. Corbon 32ACP DPX is .913 and it will work.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    5mm, sorry about the confusion, did not intend to muddy the water. The 1.03 OAL spec comes from COTW and may very well be an older spec suitable only for older, larger guns. My reloading spec sheet for .32 ACP from Lee (dated 2003) covers bullets from 71 to 85 gr. and states various lengths from .940 to .984 depending on the load - these are MINIMUM lengths. Presumably none seem to be suitable for your Seecamp. I have an article from Nov. 2002 in American Rifleman on reloading this round (I wouldn't recommend it for everyone). The 60 gr. Speer Gold Dot, which I think was fairly new at that time and I believe is factory loaded by someone, is covered and well recommended but OAL specified is .94. The article infers that this will work in the Seecamp.(!?). Win. Silvertip factory loads were also recommended for it. Sorry, have no info on the Corbon.
  • Options
    edited November -1