In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M1 Garand ?

49 harley49 harley Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me about this rifle?It is an H&R serial#is 5532206
All the numbers match,it's about 80%.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

0341USMC
SEMPER FI
Christian
American
heterosexual
PRO GUN
conservative
Any Questions?

Comments

• 49 harley49 harley Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need to clarify, have a buyer from California interested in buying a M1 Garand receiver from me. From Google which seems vague, did the semi-auto bill pass or was it vetoed? Plain and simple, can a Cali resident legally own a M1 Garand if I were to ship now? Seems to me you can legally own only if registered and you already have one??
  • 49 harley49 harley Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    can you tell me what you think of this gun? it,s 38 inchs from end of stock(rear) to the barrell end. thanks in advance.
    001.jpg
    002.jpg
    005.jpg
  • CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you are making a mistake by asking for interpretations of law and opinions on a Forum.

The guy in CA surely knows if he can legally own the receiver. Have him send you a signed statement along with a copy of his DL.

You are going to have to ship to a FFL, regardless. The buyer should send you the FFL information along with a statement saying the FFL agrees to accept shipment of the receiver from a non-FFL and will transfer it to the buyer.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Garands are legal to own in Calif. The buyer does not need to already own one.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And --- it's an FFL transfer only; receivers are never considered to be a C&R.

Neal
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 49 harley
    Need to clarify, have a buyer from California interested in buying a M1 Garand receiver from me. From Google which seems vague, did the semi-auto bill pass or was it vetoed? Plain and simple, can a Cali resident legally own a M1 Garand if I were to ship now? Seems to me you can legally own only if registered and you already have one??

The bill you refer to (SB-374) was passed by our legislature in 2013 but vetoed by Governor Brown. Even if it was enacted into law Garands were not affected because a) the Garand does not use a detachable magazine and b) the Garand does not accomodate greater than 10 rounds.