In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 shot single bbl. muzzleloader?

deerhidedeerhide Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
It has just one bbl.probably around 12 ga., it's percussion cap. You loaded two loads, one on top of the other. You slid the lock (and hammer) forward to shoot the 1st. one then moved it back for the 2nd. one. Where was it made and by who?

Comments

• Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the Lindsey (sp?) musket worked like that; try that on a search engine.
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only way we can help with identification and valuation. Is with quality close-up photos. Specially of moveable lock mechanism.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by richarda
    I think the Lindsey (sp?) musket worked like that; try that on a search engine.

The Lindsay musket had side-by-side chambers at the breech with two fixed hammers and nipples. In the 1960's, you couldn't give away those "oddball" muskets and now they bring a ton of $$$!

p8722.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the info about the Lindsay.
    As I recall the gun I had (over 50 yrs. ago) was a shotgun, I don't remember a rear sight and it loaded in-line.
    In my library research 'of the day' I found the Harrah Collection had one. I don't seem to be able to 'e-find' that collection, seems it was liquidated. I sold it to our local sheriff. It was the oddest gun I ever owned.........
  • Options
    gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are probably thinking of the Harold's Club collection that was sold a number of years ago. I have a small book about the collection and likely still have the sale catalog. He did like oddball guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To Gartman,
    You are right. That collection is the one we are talking about; I the Club word 'Harrah' referred to the actual Club where Harold's collection was kept(or the other way 'round). I remeber I found the gun reference in a book(let) sort of like a National Geographic, maybe a bit smaller.