In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

steel guide rods

rangerange Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
are steel guide rods better for the glock 19 and the ruger lcp thanks

Comments

• Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glocks are like hammers. Shoot them clean them every now and then and leave them alone. The only problems we see are when folks start putting in different springs or use too much oil. I'm talking self defense guns. If you're building some kind of game gun then go ahead and put on racing strips or whatever you want but chances are you will see a decrease in reliability.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have only ever made two changes to all of my Glocks, and none of it was changing the guide rod. I tried the Laser Max Guide rod laser, but got rid of it. I put the 3.5# connectors in them, and the extended slide stop release if it was available. I have the models 19, 20, and 29.

As for the LCP, you are going to have to do a lot of shooting of expensive ammunition, to prove or disprove, that a steel guide rod enhances function over the factory.

Best
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never saw the point.An attempt to gild the lilly.
    A lot of shooting is going to put wear into the spring.
    Extended mag catches, take down blades, slidestops, 3 1/2# triggers are another story.