In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Hi Lighting Letter & Numbers

waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
Over the past couple of years I have been collecting some pre 64 Winchesters 61 62 63, all in the 95% to 98% range. These rifles I bought for investment, but one Rifle the lettering and serial numbers have been filled in with white; I think it makes it look nice, beautiful in fact, but my question is. Do you think that it would really detract from the value that much?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but they are your guns and please do as you like. Whomever owns them after you can make the change if they don't like the white letters.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that it will detract at all. Most folks highlight with a white china marker (similar to a black grease pencil); it can usually be removed with a solvent such as acetone & a bristle brush.

If you want to try to remove the markings on your rifle, go ahead; restore it if you like the look. Just don't let any solvent touch the wood.

Neal