In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

357 Sig. recommendations

v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
I want a 357 Sig in concealed carry size i.e. G19 but not so fat.
Any good recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have carried a Sig P-239 for years in .357, still do. It is flat and light 7+1 capacity. Easy to shoot accurately, especially in single action mode. I don't know if BarSto would cut a .357 barrel to fit a Kahr P40, but that would be another option.
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 62fuelie
    I have carried a Sig P-239 for years in .357, still do. It is flat and light 7+1 capacity. Easy to shoot accurately, especially in single action mode. I don't know if BarSto would cut a .357 barrel to fit a Kahr P40, but that would be another option.

I'll second that...
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a Gen 3 G32 all the time with no problems....both iwb and owb. It definitely is a niche cartridge and ammo is expensive but I love it. I don't know of any single stack guns in this caliber other than a SIG P239...but another gun to consider for it's size in this caliber. is a SIG Sauer P224...a little smaller but double stack mag.
  • Options
    Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My carry choice is a P239 in .357 Sig. It points well for me and it's accurate. I also like the versatility of being able to change calibers so easily. I can shoot .40 S&W in it with a simple barrel swap. I don't use much .40 cal though. What I REALLY like is being able to shoot 9MM in it by simply swapping the barrel and the recoil spring. I do a lot of my practice with the 9MM barrel and swap it for the .357 Sig barrel when I carry.
    Mechanical engineers have their moments.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a Glock 40S&W with a Lone Wolf barrel in 357Sig. I love the 357Sig round though at times ammo can be a challenge to find.

When I don't have any 357Sig, I switch back to the 40S&W barrel.