In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Daewoo DP51 Mag Interchange

BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
I seem to recall that there is another Factory magazine that can be altered to work in the DP51. Hi Power maybe? Anyone remember? The few factory mags out there are a little spendy now. Thank you.

Comments

  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Wikipedia



    "Cartridge 9x19mm Parabellum
    Caliber 9 mm
    Action Semi-automatic
    Effective firing range 50 m
    Feed system 12- or 13-round magazine, 13-round magazine is capable of holding 14 rounds. Also accepts 10, 13, 14 or 15 round S&W 5906 magazines, but they will protrude out from the magazine well.
    Sights Iron sights"
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    From Wikipedia



    "Cartridge 9x19mm Parabellum
    Caliber 9 mm
    Action Semi-automatic
    Effective firing range 50 m
    Feed system 12- or 13-round magazine, 13-round magazine is capable of holding 14 rounds. Also accepts 10, 13, 14 or 15 round S&W 5906 magazines, but they will protrude out from the magazine well.
    Sights Iron sights"






    The model 59 series will work but there is more to the story. They are not a direct fit. There are a couple of nubs on the front of the Smith magazine that have to be removed, along with a mag catch cut in the magazine body. If it were so simple to just stick a model 59 mag in the gun you wouldn't see factory mags selling for $50 and up. You would also probably see converted Smith mags to fit The DP 51 for sale for a lot less. I own 2 of them and I watch the listings on these very closely. In all that time (14 years on the forum) I've never seen a converted Smith mag for sale.
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are factory magazines cheaper than Smith mags.
    Daewoo Factory magazine $ 28.95 In Stock Gun Parts Corp # 728630
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More.US Army Veteran, VFWNRA Patron
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BHAVIN
    I seem to recall that there is another Factory magazine that can be altered to work in the DP51. Hi Power maybe? Anyone remember? The few factory mags out there are a little spendy now. Thank you.


    Here's some compatible brand new mags for $34 each:

    http://www.lionheartindustries.com/magazines/#.VXiSL1LW1H4

    Lionheart pistols are basically modern upgraded Daewoo K5s designed for the American pistol market. Lionheart itself has some sort of corporate connection with Daewoo. . .I'd be surprised if these mags weren't factory spec.

    I don't know if you consider $34/each to be "spendy" or not, but that's what modern specialty double-stack mags run for. Beretta factory mags cost that. . .and SIG magazines actually cost more. I don't think this price is high at all.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hoosier
    There are factory magazines cheaper than Smith mags.
    Daewoo Factory magazine $ 28.95 In Stock Gun Parts Corp # 728630


    Yep checked it out excellent magazine and a good price as well.

    Also 1435340 is a MecGar for $24.95 may be the even better buy.
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check into GPC.
Sign In or Register to comment.