In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UNUSUAL ANTIQUE COLT PISTOL DISPLAY

Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I just obtained a very unusual display of antique diecast Colt revolvers consisting of an 1836 Paterson, 1847 Walker, 1851 Navy, 1860 Army, 1873 Peacemaker and 1848 Baby Dragoon. All of them have old descriptions next to them except for the Baby Dragoon. They are made of solid non-magnetic metal, are full size and are fairly heavy. The Walker alone weighs almost 2 pounds. All I know about them is that they have hung in a general store in Idaho since the 1940's. There are no markings at all on them but they are quite detailed right down to the rings on the Paterson cylinder although there are no scenes on any of the cylinders. These are not operational revolvers but they were very nicely molded and painted. They're obviously quite old and have been on their board for a long time. I took them off to wipe the dust and look for markings and their "shadows" remained on the board. Does anyone know anything at all about these? Any identification or value is VERY much appreciated as I'm totally stumped! Thanks! - Spider

P.S. - These are WHOLE complete solid guns and not "halves". They are really cool and I would really like to know more about them!

Please wait for the picture to load below or you can see them at http://home.att.net/~tnt7115/colt_display_large.jpg

colt_display_large.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    All I know is I'M JEALOUS!![:p][:p]

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Hi, Bobby

Yes, these are VERY cool and if I was a Colt collector, I would make a special display for them. Maybe something in a "clock" pattern with the Colt emblem in the center or something. From a distance, they look like real revolvers and feel like the real thing when held. They would look great in a den or gun room. I guess I'll probably just put them up for auction and see what kind of interest they bring. They are definitely unique! - Spider