In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question for FFL's

drjincdrjinc Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased some Sig 229 LE mags to sell to police and such that come into my shop.My question is how do I keep record of these?Do I just log them in my A&D book or keep a seperate record of them.Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Will you ship a rifle to another dealer without a copy of his license .I have a guy who wants to buy a gun here on my auction but tells me his dealer will give me his number but WILL not send me a copy ..
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Here in California you need to keep a seperate book to record the A&D of post ban high capacity magazines. I set mine up just like my "bound book" showing the magazine type, caliber, quantity, who I purchased the magazines from, and the date of aquesition. Keep in mind that simply being a peace officer does not automatically entitle a person to purchase post ban high capacity magazines. As a dealer you need these items in writing from the officer signed under penalty of purjury: A statement that the magazines are purchased for use in his offical duties, were not aquired for personal use, and will not be not for sold or transfer to anyone (including another peace officer). You also need a written statement from the officers supervisor (or someone holding a position of authority in his chain of command), signed under penalty of purjury, that the magazines the officer is purchasing are indeed suitable for use in the function of his offical duties-- If the depratment uses Glocks or Beretta's then the officer would have no offical use for your SIG/Sauer magazines! I believe you are supposed to maintain these written statements as part of your records for BATFE compliance inspection.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Mark
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Mark
    Is that just a Kali procedure or what? In this part of the country, the mags are marked LE and have no serials. I only sell them to cops or other dealers, but no per se record is kept of them. Can you reference any ATF (or otherwise) pub that has the procedure? Thanks
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    My mistake on the "bound book" for magazines, this is a California regulation. The documents which I mentioned that the LEO must present before purcahsing the high-caps are found in section 178.132 and must be available for inspection by the BATFE during a compliance check. Sorry about the "bound book" error...some times I can't think outside the California box!

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks again for the information.