In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Steyr M-9 or Taurus PT-111 ?

ALS55ALS55 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Trying to make up my mind which would make a better 9mm..I had asked about a Sigma, but decided against after I read the comments here.. So, in the 300.00 range which 9mm would you trust, a Taurus PT-111 or the Steyr M-9..As always your comments are very much appreciated...Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Steyr M9. Trigger and grips are much better, too.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M-9 without a doubt ... or hesitation.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    weemsfweemsf Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Steyr is a much better pistol. I am not sure, however, how hard accessories and parts might be to find for it. I believe that they are being discontinued in the States.

Baptist pastor and patriotic AmericanLover of God and Country
  • Options
    KhegglieKhegglie Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it's like weemsf said. dont put lots of money into an orphan gun uless you can afford it.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taurus is a great company,Ive never had any problems with any of mine.Ive been saying I was going to buy the Steyr for about two yrs and havent yet.My main concern is why did they quit makeing them?And can you find replacement parts for them.Gun Test Magazine tested the Steyr 9mm .40 and the .357sig.All of the results were good except the .357 had some problems and they recommended to stay away from it until they got the bugs worked out.Also Ive heard alot of Steyer M-series owners complain about the grip and point of aim.Good Luck!

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, with your help I have narrowed my search down to the Steyr M-9. I really don't mean to be a pain in the a--, but let me ask the final question..Between the M-9 and either a HS2000 or the Springfield XD 9mm service, which would be the better choice.. I have made many purchases over the years that I was unhappy with, so I am trying my best to get and much info before I buy.. An informed buyer is a smart buyer.. Thanks very much for all your help, I really appreciate it.. Andy
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put that way, I'd chose the Springfield XD. But isn't that a little out of the $300 range?
  • Options
    timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i own a pt111 GO WITH THE XD! my brother bought a xd 40 cal.it is far and away the best gun i have shot bar none i've shot kimber ,steyr,berettas,100's of pistols i'm sure some people will disagree but it is a well made, well designed,comfortable,and good looking piece.it is easy to shoot and easy to put good groups on target.buy the xd you will not be sorry even if you pay a little more than you had in mind. also even though it is slightly heavier and bulkier than the pt111 the xd fit in my concieled carry holster and was as comfotable to wear.good luck what ever you pick
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I picked up a X-Treme Duty 9mm Service today..409.95 plus tax..Won't have a chance to go to the range until the middle of the week..It looks great and feels good in my hand...Thanks for all your help....