In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

model 1911 colt

watermanwaterman Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a colt made in 1917 for the RAF pilots and wondering what kind of value to put on it and requiremants for shipping into the States or any other country from New Zealand.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The value of your gun depends upon its location, but I don't follow gun values in NZ. If your guns laws are as draconian as Australia's, it's worth nothing.

Under current regulations, it cannot be imported into the US. I have no idea what other countries would permit it to be imported, or even if NZ would permit it to be exported.

Neal
  • Options
    wm69wm69 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, point taken, but if he COULD get it here, what would it be worth? First off we need to know what condition it is in, and make sure it's all original.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    There was no RAF in 1917....it was the RFC (Royal Flying Corps). Are there any special markings to indicate that it was issued to pilots?

Also, we need to know the condition to value it.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, he DID say that it was a model 1911, so let's assume that it's a military contract M1911, not a M1917 or a commercial Government Model.

Exact value in the US would depend upon the serial #, markings, condition, & originality of parts & finish. The range of value would be from $500 to $3,000, maybe even more.

Neal