In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Indiana Jone's pistol

trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Ok guys, raiders of the lost ark. Indy runs upon a sword wheeling henchman of the nazis. After showing his swordsmanship indy promptly dispatches him with his pistol. question: what type of pistol is it?????

Go Army Beat Navy
IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry

Comments

• Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't watched the movie for a couple of years (but I've got a copy) and in the shootout in the Mongolian Bar I got the distinct impression that it was a Colt New Service of large caliber, probably .45 LC.
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the movie but am too lazy to break it out. I would guess: A S&W model 10 or equivalent early model. 'Der Gebirgjager' Is probably right, a Colt New Police maybe.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    It was a Smith & Wesson .38/44 Heavy Duty.

It was rented from Stembridge Gun Rentals, as many movie guns are.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    David - did he have different guns in the other movies, or was the Heavy Duty a break top? I distinctly remember him checking the cylinder in one of the movies by flipping it open like a Webley.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I was talking about the first movie. When he pulls the gun out of a sock and tosses it on the bed, it is a .38/44, later known as the Model 20.

He may have used a Webley in a later movie, maybe a captured piece, but I don't remember.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hmmm now i want one of each. [:D]

d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I mentioned the Pistol to "Chief Deputy Farris" (retired Ky State Police and Entrepreneur Esquire). John said he thought it was a Colt New Police in 45 rim! Seems that I recall the hole being pretty big when he pointed it at the Rag Top. But then: "John is usually wrong". NUNN didn't get to be the "Dude" by being wrong = so I don't have to break out the Movie. [;)]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    In the square where he is faced with the sword swinging Arab, I seem to remember a .455 Webley.
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "N" frame S&W of unk caliber
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sooo many choices[:D][:D][:D]

d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy
  • Options
    Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did any one notice that in the fight scene in the bar in Nepal, that he is actually using two different guns, a semi auto and a revolver? Continuity error perhaps? It seems strange to me.

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This should be movd over to the general discussion

d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy