In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ruger security six

lightingboltlightingbolt Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
can anyone tell me how to remove cyclinder from crane pivot assembly ? a drawing would help or if you can lead to me where they show a video would be nice. I got my all the way down to the cyclinder being on the crane pivot and cant get it off.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is $300.00 a good price for a Ruger Security Six, 357 Magnum, with a six inch barrel?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please help. What is the difference between a security six and the regular Gp-100 in 357 magnum? Also, what is the date of manufacture for # 158-9250# security six? As always thanks for your replies.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a ruger secutity six and would like to put a scope on it but don't want to drill holes. I s there mounts out there ehere i can put on without drilling.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 2-3/4 inch barrel Ruger Security Six (blue), serial number 156-870xx. According to the Ruger website, it's from 1980 or 1981. I've never seen another with this short of a barrel. Does anyone have an idea of its approximate value? The revolver is in very good condition, with some holster wear on the end of the barrel and on the cylinder.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anybody know where to find 2 3/4 in. barrel for the security six.I've seen a few on Gun Broker,but miss out on them.Any help in finding the 2 3/4 in. barrel for the security six,speed six or the service six would be great.Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Ruger Security Six for $200. It is stainless, 4" barrel, with origal walnut checkered grips. Excellent condition. Did I do alright? Thanks
  • Options
    Jody CommanderJody Commander Member Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weaver used to make a no drill system check out their website,
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    B SQUARE

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, I have one (not for sale, sorry), I'll see if I can locate it and post the make and model later.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • Options
    queeksdrawqueeksdraw Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put the GP 100 mount on mine.(4 inch) First remove the rear site. Then the mount will screw to the existing hole then the other screws just tighten to the rib. Now on the gp 100 you could remove the front ramp and use the supplied replacement insert with the hole through it to replace the existing ramp. But on the security six you cant remove the front ramp. So you have to tighten the screws to the front blade and hope they hold or you must drill a hole through it to put the bolt through like you replaced the ramp with the supplied replacement. Mine held for about 100/150 rounds then it started to move. I finaly had to drill through the front blade and use the screw that passes through to make it 100%. That was aprx 600/700 rounds ago it is still fine. This was the only mount I could find to fit the security six. But now I have been told there is a mount that is made for it. I have not seen it so I do not know how it works. Hope this helps. Good luck.

You'v gota kill it to grill it
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    got mine years ago from midwayusa. never loosened after 10-15,000 reloads. i don't like the b square unit i got first because it didn't grab the ramp (on the top) well enough.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!