In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of a Commemorative

rogere7rogere7 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a US Customs commemorative that I am curious about the value.
Any help such as webb sites or other ideas on how to find a value for this weapon would be appreciated.

It is a Colt .45cal 200year commemorative US Customs Special Agent. the number on the weapon and the badge that all comes in a wooden box is matched but the weapon has a seperate serial number as well. It is gold engraved by colt. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
you can post on here or email me at Rogere7@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I THINK WHAT YOU HAVE IS A SPECIAL ORDER GUN. TRY "AMERICA REMEMBERS"
    "FRANKLIN MINT" OR "U.S. HISTORICAL SOCIETY" ALL LISTED IN THE "BLUE BOOK" GOOD LUCK.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The value of special editions such as yours is difficult to estimate. Any group (with enough money) can commission these from several US gun manufacturers. Unfortunately, they are not wanted by gun collectors, and the only real market will be the group honored, most of whom have had the opportunity to buy one when they were issued.

Generally they are worth little more, if any, than the plain version of the gun. I can't even guess in this case, because you didn't indicate if this is a Single Action Army or a .45 auto, and the year made.

Neal