In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Single Six questions

rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
I recently bought/saved a Ruger Single Six 22 Single Action revolver in Stainless Steel. It's the newer type with the two pins in the frame rather than the older 3 screw models. I say 'saved' the gun because it was in pretty bad shape. There were alot of scratches on the gun and several attempts of steel wool and dremeling. I had the gun bead blasted and it looks great compared to what it used to be. I thought I wanted to mirror polish it, but I decided it was not such a good idea for a shooter.

The gun is a 1976 model (Made in the 200th Year of Liberty).

Two questions:

1) does it matter if the hammer pin goes in one way or another as long as the longer screw matches up with the side of the pin with the groove in it? It looks like the previous owner had a pretty good size hammer and steel punch if you know what I mean.

2) the Ruger medallions on the grips of this gun are a copper color with a black background; the ones I have usually seen are silver and black or vice versa, but not copper.

question one is just for info because I already have the gun back together and in working order with no pins walking out. According to the parts diagram, I have the hammer pin and screw on the wrong side, but it will not work the other way around.