In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt match target grips

martinicadetmartinicadet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
I've had a series 2 COLT MATCH TARGET for a few years now and want to replace the custom grips with factory ones. Are series 3 grips the same as series 2? Thanks for your help. Don

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello there is some confusion over what series Colt Woodsmans are called. Is yours the TYPE that has the magazine release on the side like a 1911 type pistol[?] .
  • Options
    martinicadetmartinicadet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know that mine is a side release and the series3 has a release on the bottom of the grip at the mag well. What I am asking is will the grip panels interchange with each other? Thanks Don
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    The grips are not the same I tried to send you info on where to find them on your profile but your email is bogus[:(!][V][xx(][:(][?]
  • Options
    dogtown tomdogtown tom Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to see Bob Rayburns website: http://www.colt22.com/index.html Click on "Woodsman Guide" at the top left, then "Features" on the right side menu.

Colt factory grips for the 2nd Series Woodsman will be thumbrest style in either "Coltswood" or solid brown plastic. Coltswood looks like a reddish brown or orange brown with black streaks.

Wood grips were never "factory" on the 2rd Series.