In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Omega III Rifle stock

shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have this stock which was sent with the Omega III rifle built back in around 1960's. This rifle had this stock and a laminated one. The rifle was stolen wearing the laminated stock. Does anyone know what other rifle this could be made to fit?

[img][/img]OmegaIII001-1.jpg
[img][/img]OmegaIII002.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    That's some nice wood!
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shooter10
    I have this stock which was sent with the Omega III rifle built back in around 1960's. This rifle had this stock and a laminated one. The rifle was stolen wearing the laminated stock. Does anyone know what other rifle this could be made to fit?

Another Omega III? [}:)]

Seriously, the Omega III is highly obscure. . .only a VERY small number were made, and my understanding is the company that made them ultimately bought back most of the ones it did make, fearing design liability.

Because of the unusual design of the Omega III, I don't think this stock is going to fit many other rifles. (See here: http://tinyurl.com/nq8zlnj )

On the other hand, a factory original non-laminated Omega III stock could be worth a pretty penny to someone who has one of the rare original guns without such a stock. So IMO, you're probably better trying to sell this stock rather than ruining it by trying to turn it into something its not.
  • Options
    348WCFFan348WCFFan Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, I just saw your post about having an Omega III stock. I was wondering what you would be looking to get for it, if it is still available? I just bought an Omega III and wouldn't mind having a spare stock if the price is reasonable. Please let me know, thanks.

348WCFFan,

Please read the Posting Guidelines located at the top of every page under the GB logo. Offers to buy, sell or trade are not allowed on the forums. You can use the GB mail system to contact the member by e-mail or simply post 'Please contact me.'

Thanks!

Best.