In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 24 Barrel

vandj1318vandj1318 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
Hello All,

I've got two Win. Model 24 SxS barrels. One's a 16ga, the other a 20ga. with matching factory stampings. Is there a way to find out year of manufacturing? This is how they are stamped:

-WINCHESTER-MODEL 24-20GA.-2 3/4CHAM.-
-TRADE MARK- MADE IN THE U.S.A.

The chambers measure the same too. Will they both fit the same receiver? The outsides have some usage but the bores are real clean. Any idea of value? Thank you for your time.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Without frames and serial numbers I do not know how you would tell the year of manufacture, BUT, 24's weren't around that long anyway.

Sounds like you are thinking of buying a frame to use your barrels on. I don't know if 20's & 16's use the same frame, I SUSPECT they do.

24's were mass produced, I doubt there was very much hand fitting. If your barrels are nice, go for it.

Value is probably not very high.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i had a win 24 16ga with a extra set of 20ga barrels, they had their own forearms and i thought it came from the factory that way, but i saw a ad from numrick for extra barrels some years ago.mr myopic
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From trying to find info, found at least two styles of stampings on the barrel which were probably designating certain years of production. I just wanted to have more info in the listing when they are put up. Mr. eastbank, were those two forearms interchangeable?
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    no ,each set of barrels had their own forends as the barrels had different diamiters(20ga smaller) the 16ga being bigger, the 20ga forend would not fit them. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you guys.