In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Strange M1910 FN part 2

gunboobgunboob Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
DSC06233_700x525_.jpg

DSC06231_700x525_.jpg

DSC06257_700x525_.jpg

DSC06237_700x525_.jpg

DSC06235_700x525_.jpg

DSC06256_700x525_.jpg

Hopefully these pics come thru. Its been a struggle. I didn't show the bbl. close-ups because I already stated the cal, insp. mks, ser. no, and misc. was on them. But, I do not yet have a close-up of that slight bbl. reduction zone, (sticking out of the in-batt. slide muz. end.)...with its scuff marks. But, I sure don't wanna say an ex. was added on. I will try to get that, esp. for a possible auct.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    focus so bad "you need macro setting on your camera " I cant tell d for sure but looks refinished to me but could be just blurred real bad
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely need better pictures!
    You say that the barrel is serialed to match the frame and slide?
    The plating (nickel) looks almost factory.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My book "FN Browning Pistols" by Anthony Vanderlinden. Notes that Model 1910 production started in 1912. Between 63,000 & 70,000, had been made prior to the German invasion and occupation of 1914.

Your serial number puts it in pre W W I production. Because of the Model 1922 barrel, and Nickel plating. My WAG is that it was assembled after the war, specifically for sale to a American G.I.

It would be a very interesting oddity for a Browning pistol collector. Given the Model 1922 barrel, with matching serial number. And the G.
    I., bring back papers. Very unusual, definitely a one of a kind pistol?
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guns with extended barrels were made for sale where there were barrel length restrictions, so that's not necessarily a 1922 barrel. The gun could be entirely legitimate. It would be interesting to see a new thread with good pictures.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bill DeShivs
    Guns with extended barrels were made for sale where there were barrel length restrictions, so that's not necessarily a 1922 barrel. The gun could be entirely legitimate. It would be interesting to see a new thread with good pictures.

Good point! Austro-Hungary before the First World War. Than Czechoslovakia after. Had the 18 Centimeter law, requiring small handguns to have barrels at least 7" long. Perhaps the OP could measure the barrel? The few of these pistols I have seen over the years, have been small vest pocket .25's though. They looked really strange with there long barrels.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Does this pistol have any kind of sights at all [?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Does this pistol have any kind of sights at all [?][?]

The sights on the Model 1910 slide were very minimal. As Browning/FN designed it for concealed carry, personal protection.

1910FN-014327_5.jpg