In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 17 C USA

amblerrlamblerrl Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
I acquired a nib gen 3 glock 17 c usa built with the state of Georgia outline on the right rear of the slide and also on the barrel at the ejection port. are these rare and worth any more than a regular 17?
[img][/img]b15c349d-6d07-4ba0-adf4-425452085a3c_zpsxkcetu0q.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The C'S didn't sell that well, most guys were putting solid barrels in them. That's why Glock dropped them. In my opinion they are worth less.

By the way, resize your pictures before posting them [;)]
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock 17Cs are a lot rarer than regular 17s, but they're not super-scarce. IE, they're out there if you want to buy them; I think there are several listed for sale right now on the auction site here.

For reasons beyond the scope of this thread, I also would prefer a "regular" 17 over this compensated model, but my personal preference doesn't affect the market value. You can always "decompensate" one of these by dropping in a regular barrel, if you so choose.

Going rate on them is about $450, maybe $500 for one NIB, which appears to be slightly more than "regular" Glock 17s. Much of this is going to depend on gun condition and location.

State of GA outline might be 'cool', and it might be worth a few extra bucks to the right person (eg someone who loves GA, etc), but no, that does NOT make your gun some sort of rare collector's item, and I wouldn't really expect to get more for this gun than a similar one without that marking on it.