In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ceracoating

TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone had a firearm ceracoated by a professional outfit that they would recommend in central Florida?
I have heard more then a few stories of some appliers and their lack of quality, need someone good.
I live near Disney and would rather drive and drop off/pick-up rather then have to ups/fed-ex it.
thanks, bob

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can go to the main cerakote website and find an authorized shop. If you're on Instagram check out a guy that goes by bloDNWeadline. He does some crazy good coating jobs. From mild to wild.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    closest place I know of in central Fl. I know a few people that have had them do theirs and they seemed happy with the reults

RAMPART GUNWORKS
    1450 KASTNER PLACE, UNIT 104
    SANFORD, FL, 32771, US
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was really hoping to hear from someone with personal experience with a local shop.
    I will check rampart out,
    Thanks,
    Bob
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful. Many Cerakoters charge as much as it costs to hard chrome a gun, which is ridiculous. Paint is no match for hard chrome.