In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Benelli M1 Super 90 value?

rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
My brother-in-law died too young and left behind this gun: Benelli 12-gauge M1 Super 90 with walnut furniture, 26" barrel, Hechler & Koch, made in Italy, SN M267xxx. The gun is in at least 98% condition with only a couple of tiniest handling marks. The estate wanted to just give the gun to whomever wanted it, but my wife (his sister) said we need to know what it's worth. So my question: What might it be worth? I have a ton of firearms but absolutely no knowledge of or interest in this type of gun. I'll appreciate any ballparks on value. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First thing, I would give the COMPLETED auctions on GunBroker a try. That would be the best indication of fair market value. Should be a number of different models of the Benelli on the auction. They are quite popular. More so with the tacticool boys, then as sporting/hunting shotguns.
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    First thing, I would give the COMPLETED auctions on GunBroker a try. That would be the best indication of fair market value. Should be a number of different models of the Benelli on the auction. They are quite popular. More so with the tacticool boys, then as sporting/hunting shotguns.

I tried completed sales first but didn't find quite the model I have. (Most were synthetic stocks.) I've also looked on other gun-sale sights without much luck. I can check with a couple of local dealers, too, but the ones I know always tend to want to buy low and sell high so I never know what to believe. (Not meant as a criticism --I know that's how it goes in the business.[:)])
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rossowmn

I tried completed sales first but didn't find quite the model I have. (Most were synthetic stocks.) I've also looked on other gun-sale sights without much luck. I can check with a couple of local dealers, too, but the ones I know always tend to want to buy low and sell high so I never know what to believe. (Not meant as a criticism --I know that's how it goes in the business.[:)])

Most of the Benelli's I have run into over the years, have been the synthetic stock tactical versions. From that, I don't believe that the hunting/sporting versions with wood furniture. Are all that common.

Don't know how this would affect the resale value? My 2010 Blue Book. Values the Super 90 with wood stock at between $600 & $825. The walnut stock version was dropped from their line 10 years ago.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is one with a 28" barrel at $700 with five bids so you know it is worth at least that much to someone.

I have a hunting versions with 28" barrel, interchangable chokes, but with the synthetic stock and fore end. Kicks like a mule, one of the most reliable semiautos I have.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without pics I would think $500.00 to $600.00 would be a fair value.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what it is worth, I paid around $ 600.00 for one at a local show a couple of years back.

Wood furniture, LNIB, complete set of choke tubes, etc.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele