In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mark Christian ,DCM paperwork

TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a Springfield N.M. Garand with a DCM requisition and invoice shipping document from 1972.
In the description and coding area of the document there is an underlined "COND B "

Mark, can you tell me what this refers to, is it condition B, if so what does that really mean?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Condition B simply meant that the rifle was suitable for issue as-is and that no work or repair was authorized.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark, thank you very much.
    As always you are the man to go to for Garand info.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I obtained my one per lifetime M1 several years later (I was only 12 back in 1972) and by then the description of Condition B was a bit more extensive:
    DCMM1.jpg

Condition B is now described as a Service Grade (a description which would later be used by the CMP) and is in "safe to fire and as-is condition". W/OE indicates that the rifle was shipped without equipment (accessories).