In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Citadel (Howa-Legacy) 9mm M1 ??

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
Anybody own one or have any hands on experience with one of these?

Basically a M1 style 9mm carbine. Parts are not interchangeable with a true M1.

A local gun shop has these with synthetic stock for $399 NIB.

I wanted to get some experts opinions before dropping the hammer.

Thanks, Don

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know anything about it? It doesn't have anything to do, with the Japanese Howa Co. It's made in Italy by Chiappa. This is the same outfit that makes the Rhino $$$$$$$ revolvers, and the potmetal 1911 replicas.

I would do a good bit of researching and digging, before springing for any of their products.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    been waiting to see one suposed to take beretta 92 mags
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw one on the auction side today. THIS SELLER stated that parts are interchangeable. Interesting. Hers the auction to take a look at them. I don't know this seller from Adam.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=501729578
  • Options
    49 harley49 harley Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are my eyes deceiving me, reverse photography or is that a double sided guide on the operating handle???
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, it does appear that the op rod is double sided. But, that just may be because this is a straight blowback rifle, depending upon a heavy op rod & spring, & the designer had to put the weight above the breech block; the USGI M1 carbine has a locked breech & the weight for the op rod is under the barrel where the piston is located.

I believe that ad copy for the distributors indicates parts are interchangeable with the USGI carbine. It doesn't look that way to me.

I think that you will have to take your chances if you want one, Don.

Neal
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks to me like the only chance for "interchangeable parts" would be in the lockwork where the hammer wouldn't care what the caliber or operating system was.

Nice if it works.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    I asked a buddy of mine about them, he has sold a ton of them at his shop, so far he has only had great responses from his customers and has never had one returned for repair. I think I'm going to buy one for my dad for Christmas.